Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 62
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 220
Current weight: 198 (Last weigh-in 2/13/13... I'll weigh again next week!)
Total weight loss: 22 pounds! I'm back to my pre-surgery weight!



Last week's dream focus: Keep my eyes on God and His plan for me, trusting that He knows what I need and when I need it; continue eating well - making smart choices when dining out (a constant struggle); work out as much as possible; and BELIEVE THAT GOD MAKES ALL THING WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD!!!  (Romans 8:28) 


What went well: By now you're probably aware of adversity that's been flooding my life the past few weeks.  Well, God has delivered me from it in a mighty way!  He deserves ALL the praise and glory!  These past few days have been incredible and I've felt like my authentic self again... with NO TEARS!

Fourteen months ago I was moved to a different group working on a product I felt wasn't a good fit.  I knew I wouldn't be working within my strengths more than 70% of the time, but I took on the challenge.  It was difficult at first, but got a little better when I worked on a project that was much like what I'd done in the past.  When that project was complete, it was back to the uncomfortable. 

I endured for months.  I made the best of it.  I tried hard to shut out that inner voice telling me I couldn't do it.  But there finally came a time when I realized I don't need to struggle so hard fighting through things I'm weak at when I can soar using my strengths.  And that realization exposed how miserable I really was.  The tears began to flow.  My stomach began to hurt.  Everything felt more difficult than it ever did.

Through it all I relied on God to get me through the transition from where I was to wherever He was taking me.  I trusted His plan.  I knew He'd get me through.  And it helped... but the meltdown still occurred - and in His timing for the right reasons. 

I'm now in a new group working on a product that allows me to work with my strengths!  He delivered me so much fasted than I could've imagined and I'm so thankful!  I'm still pursuing my dreams.  I fully know my vocation - my calling - but I know I can't get there overnight.  I have to be patient and continue trusting in God.  Until then, I'm going to ROCK this new position - no matter how long that is!  YAY GOD... AND THANK YOU!!!


Challenges:  A road trip to Louisiana.  'Nuff said!  :)


This week's dream focus: Continue praising God for delivering me and helping me overcome such adversity; improve my choices when dining out (a constant struggle); and work out as much as possible!
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy all of these major pieces came together and you are in such a better place now. As I keep saying, trust in God. He has a plan even when we hit bottom. I guess we're sort of supposed to do that from time to time. It doesn't feel good, but then, something big happens. It happens in a blink and we're not in that dark hole anymore. It's like he rescues us and says, I've been here all along struggling right next to you. Can you imagine what life would be like if we never hurt? I can't. We'd take everything for granted then.
    Hugs! Love you beautiful!
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right!!! Even in the midst of those awful, dark, ugly times I find a way to be thankful for them and to embrace what they're teaching me. It's certainly not easy at times, but it's totally worth it and makes an incredible difference in my outlook. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Thank you for encouraging and supporting me!

      Delete