Sunday, March 3, 2013

They Worked, By Golly!



This weekend was full of non-scale victories!  One of my most anticipated advantages of losing weight has been to wear skinny jeans... and wear them with boots.  So while trying on new clothes (because most of mine are now too big on me), I mustered up the courage to grab some Rockstar Skinny Jeans at Old Navy and give 'em a whirl.

THEY WORKED, BY GOLLY!!!

I now have a pair of skinny jeans and they fit so well!  I ordered a new pair of boots but they haven't yet arrived.  In the meantime, I'm wearing my old barn boots... and they totally work!  They're worn and have character.  They make me feel sassy!  :)

It sounds silly but wearing these skinny jeans with boots inspires me to keep working hard and continue making good choices.  It's another dream I've crossed off my dream list and that motivates me to see what other dreams I can make come true.

I share this so you'll see that when you keep trying - even when it's hard and you totally feel like giving up - your dreams CAN come true!  Be patient and have hope.  These kinds of victories can happen for you, too!


4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations Chrissy!! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I was able to put my jeans on for the first time in a year last week. I think the NSV are better than the scale a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR YOU, CRYSTAL!!! That's terrific! It really does feel great to put on those jeans we used to dread even looking at.

      The more I focus on the NSV's, the more I start to embrace them. I actually desire them more than seeing a certain number on the scale. It's totally freeing, really!

      Delete