Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 59
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 220
Current weight: 198 (Last weigh-in 2/13/13)
Total weight loss: 22 pounds! I'm back to my pre-surgery weight!



Last week's dream focus: Keep my eyes on my dream - doing what I have to do to overcome this crazy adversity; eat better than the week before - making GOOD choices when dining out; and amp up the fitness!
What went well: I was able to rock my Zumba classes!  I channeled my aggression, frustration, and fury in a productive way and I felt so much better after each session.  (If I weren't snowed in with 11" of snow today, I'd find a class and get rid of some more!)
Challenges:  Oh, the ongoing adversity... it's getting more and more difficult to handle and I'm beyond overwhelmed.  The tears have been flowing EVERY SINGLE DAY.  And they don't stop... they just aren't running dry.  I trust this will soon pass and I honestly believe something big is about to happen in my life.  The change I'm so desperate for is about to come.  But my timing and God's are proving to be very different... and I struggle with the in-between, the transition.  
In looking at my food log, I've noticed I consumed more calories on days when the adversity seemed too much to handle.  I'm glad I'm aware of this because it's clearly something I need to work on - breaking the habit of eating when those emotions are high.
I've been so overwhelmed lately that it's all I can do to go to the gym, to keep eating the way I'm supposed to, to write this blog, to be the happy girl I should be.  But you know what?  We all go through valleys.  It's normal.  And it's okay to cry and let go of those emotions.  That's healthy and it can move us forward if we use it as fuel rather than an anchor holding us back.
This week's dream focus: Keep my eyes on my dream - doing what I have to do to overcome this crazy adversity; trust in God's timing, remembering this is all happening for a reason and there's some lesson to be learned; eat better than the week before - making GOOD choices when dining out; and amp up the fitness!

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could give you a big hug right now! You can do this! I plan to get to the gym today too since the roads are clear. Daycare is closed so we're home again and it's time to burn some energy! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give GREAT hugs, E!! I can feel the love and it helps! I heard the roads are much better than expected now so I plan to make it to Zumba! EXCITING!!

      Delete
  2. Great job! Have you heard of Joyce Meyers? What she's overcome is incredible.

    It's Fresh Friday! Hope you'll link-up :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO have and love her!! What an inspirational story... it really motivates me to keep my chin up and make my dreams come true. FRESH FRIDAY IS ON!!!!!!!!

      Delete