Friday, February 15, 2013

Do It Now.


It's an amazing feeling to put your dreams on paper.  To see them written down, in your handwriting, straight from your heart.  An even better feeling is when you start taking steps to make them come true - moving in that direction.  And the best feeling is to one day look at your list and see dreams that have become your reality!

I have a long list of dreams that I've captured in my dream book.  I have more dreams in my heart that I haven't written down.  Some dreams have come true, several are in progress, and many are still dreams on my list.  Let's be realistic, you can only focus on so many at once!  One specific dream that's been on my list since day one has been to become a certified Zumba instructor. 

When I first verbalized this dream over two years ago, Satan instantly went into attack mode whispering things like:
"You aren't fit enough to be a Zumba instructor"
"What will people think if they walk into your class to see you - an overweight instructor - leading Zumba?" 
"People might talk bad about you behind your back."

WHATEVER!   *everybody talks*

I tried to shut him up with responses like:
"What if seeing that I'm not super fit and toned helps them to feel more secure with themselves and allows them be comfortable moving and shaking their bodies?"
"People frequently ask me when I'm going to become certified to teach so I can lead a class at work or church.  They aren't saying that because they think I'll be a bad instructor."
"I lead worship every Sunday morning at church.  I can lead Zumba, too!"
"The point is FITNESS.  We're all there to get fit and be healthy... and we're all at different places in our journeys.  It will work out."

And just like that, he left me alone.  I've checked into Zumba certification training several times in the last two years, but it seemed as though the timing was never right for one reason or another.  Well, there's an upcoming training class nearby on Friday, March 22.


Y'all.  I'M GETTIN' CERTIFIED!

I've decided it's going to happen.  The timing is right.  The money is available.  I've attended Zumba classes consistently since October and I feel ready to get it started!  I can't believe how great this feels.  I'm so hopeful for the future and where I'm going.  I want to help others have fun while working out!  I want to help be inspired and encouraged to move in the direction of their dreams.  I want to make a difference.

And I'm going to.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making another dream come true! YOU are an AMAZING, inspriational, caring person! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Carol THANK YOU!!!! I love having you on my cheer squad... you help me believe in myself more than you know!! HUGS GIRL!!!

      Delete