Monday, February 11, 2013

Brand New Day



It's super easy to allow struggles and adversity to get us down and stuck where we don't want to be.  When we've messed up, it can seem like the hardest thing to do to pick ourselves up and keep moving forward. 

But you know what?  It can be done.  I'm living proof!

I was so frustrated first thing yesterday morning.  I was filled with anger and tension and I wanted to destroy something!  Obviously, I would never harm another soul and I've learned from the past that destroying material things does little good for a situation (however, demolition can help channel that anger into something productive!). 

On our way to church we stopped to put gas in the car.  Our family has a habit of grabbing donuts and drinks from QuickTrip on Sunday mornings, but I corrected that habit months ago by choosing parfaits, fruit, and protein bars instead! 

Yesterday, I lost control.  I lost my MIND!  I was MAD.  I was OVER IT.  I was getting a donut. 

I stood there for a bit just looking at the donuts.  I argued with myself.  I had myself talked out of getting one.  But before I knew what happened I'd talked myself right back into it. I chose a pudding-filled, chocolate iced donut to go with my big bottle of water.  I devoured it.  I liked it.  But then, I realized it was gone.  It was in my stomach... all that sugar and grossness adding little to no nutritional value.  Not the best way to start my morning.

I spent time evaluating that chain of events; my emotions, my actions, my reactions, my feelings when it was all said and done.  And I decided I had to let it go.  It happened.  It's behind me.  I'm not the person I once was!  I stood there and contemplated getting one where as, in the past, I wouldn't have considered NOT getting one.  I didn't get two or three donuts.  I didn't get a bottle of flavored milk!  I don't have to allow it to mess up my eating for the rest of the day.  I don't have to allow it to keep me from doing good things, like going to the gym!

Do you know how much stronger I feel after going through that?  I feel like a ROCK STAR today!  I couldn't believe I went to the gym and worked for an hour to burn that donut.  It felt incredible... and I can't wait to go back!  I'm continuing to make good eating decisions and have probably done even better SINCE eating that donut. 

The song "Brand New Day" has been stuck in my head since the donut incident of 2013.  I can so relate to it.  Reaching out to God has been the one thing that's kept me holding on for this long because I know He'll get me through each trial, as long as I move aside and let Him do amazing things!  I hope you enjoy it!
 


"Brand New Day"
by KJ-52
Chorus
Wooooah oh oh
Staring over in a brand new way
Woooahh oh oh
Shout it out it’s a brand new day
And I’ll never ever ever be the same
No I’ll never ever ever be the same

Your sun light is on my face
Your life is all I chase
I run right upon this race
Cause in You I’m gonna put all my faith
When some nights I lose my way
Sometimes I walk and stray
But You come right inside my space
And each time You come You give me strength
This time I'll fix my gaze
This time I wont be the same
This time I wont be ashamed
So this time I can’t help but say that...
Chorus

Your sunlight is on my face
I look back how far I came
I think about how much I’ve changed
It was hard at times but I’m not the same
You deserve all this praise
You deserve all the fame
You deserve all my ways
I point back to You each and all my days
I reach and grab all You’ve gave
I see Your Hands all You’ve made
I see Your plan and all You’d save
That we can have life (You've got me singing…)
Chorus

I’m not where I want to be
But I’m not where I used to be
I’m not where I want to be
But I’m not where I used to be
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment