Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!




Week 54
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 220
Current weight: 205 (I’m breaking my dependency on the number on the scale. Last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss: 15 pounds!



Last week's dream focus: Listen for God's voice in which path I should take... I DON'T want to do anything that's outside God's plan for me. I will keep my outlook positive, continue eating healthy, and increase my workouts each time I go to the gym. I will not give up! 


What went well: This week totally ROCKED!  I’ve been doing great with my workouts and even better in my eating habits!  I’m snacking less, eating MUCH healthier, and making wise choices when I go out to eat.  I’m hearing God’s voice loud and clear and it’s making everything better.  It feels terrific!
Last night was our first Tuesday night Zumba class with our new instructor.  She was different, fun, super animated with a hip-hop style, and there were new songs.  I loved it!  I still get to take a class with the original instructor on Fridays, so that will be exciting, too.  (I hear she learned The Wobble for me and did it on Friday night – BUT I MISSED IT!)  I love keeping it fresh and fun! 


Challenges: The gym is still PACKED… like all the time.  Each evening I’ve parked further and further away from the building in a lot without lights.  Every time I see the sea of cars I instantly want to go home… but I never do.  I make it happen! 

Sunday, I felt so much anxiety all day long and it seemed to get worse as the afternoon went by. I watched a Lifetime movie hoping it would take my mind off it but my stomach was still in knots and I wanted to throw up. My husband felt bad for me and wanted to make it better. He asked "Would you like to get out of the house and grab some ice cream from Sonic?"

In the past that would have sounded like beautiful, sweet music to my ears. And, as much as I understood he was trying to help and make the anxiety go away, I finally realized that getting ice cream "to make me feel better" would only add to my problems. FINALLY! This response came over me naturally because I've been working for a year to change that habit - I haven't given up - and it's starting to make an impact! I had the choice to get ice cream or do something productive and good to work through that anxiety. So instead of eating, we went to Home Depot to get a product we needed! And I was so proud of myself! My anxiety got better and I didn't go over my caloric budget for the day! The cognitive therapy I've learned from The Beck Diet Solution book is working! I need to read it multiple times for it to really sink in, but that instance is proof that there's something to it!



This week's dream focus: Continue eating healthy and making great choices when dining out; keep that positive outlook and spirit thriving within –letting it spill out to others; increase my workouts each time I go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment