Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 53
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
220
Current weight:
205 (last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss:
15 pounds!

Last week's dream focus: Dig deep inside me to find out why I'm beginning to slip back into old habits - figure out what's triggering this and FIX IT; keep adding weight training; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; stay focused on my dream; and DON'T EVER GIVE UP! 
 
What went well: I'm not sure what was causing me to slip back into those old habits, but I'm getting back on track for sure! I'm eating smaller portions of better, healthier foods again and taking my lunch to work is totally helping.
I've been challenging myself at the gym and I feel so good about it!  One day this week I walked on the treadmill for 36 minutes and ran for 4.  The next day I walked for 34 minutes and ran for 6!  The day after that, I walked for 32 minutes and ran for 8!  I ran for periods of one minute and totaled them up.  Eventually, I'll run for 2 minutes periods, increasing the minutes as I go!  So excited! 
 
Challenges:  The new year rolled around and the gym has been PACKED with new members.  I mean JAM PACKED CROWDED.  I'm thrilled that so many people made a commitments to get fit!  I'm just not a crowd person.  Every time I've gone it's taken all I have to keep from turning the car around and driving home - skipping it altogether.  Literally.  I even chose the treadmill over yesterday's Zumba class because I didn't want to deal with a crowded room.  The victory: I've overcome the urge to leave and I got all my workouts in!

Yesterday's little shake-up in my dream focus has been a struggle for me.  In the last 5 or so days, I've fought anxiety and frustration daily, but I'm charging on.  This won't stop me from being successful!  


This week's dream focus: Listen for God's voice in which path I should take... I DON'T want to do anything that's outside God's plan for me.  I will keep my outlook positive, continue eating healthy, and increase my workouts each time I go to the gym.  I will not give up!


 

4 comments:

  1. What a warrior you are! Keeping strong through the struggles! You have support!
    Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a TON, Carol!!!! That really means a lot!!! :)

      Delete