Saturday, January 5, 2013

I Declare!



Today, a friend sent this picture to me.  It was from a book she's reading by Joel Osteen called 'I Declare'.  These words touched my core and rang true in my spirit!

I overcame several attempts from Satan to keep me from making progress towards my dream.  He didn't want me near the gym today, but I showed him up!  This dream to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle was given to me by God and I refuse to let Satan win and steal it from me!  

Yes, the last few weeks have been a struggle.  I slipped back into some old habits. I didn't do as well as I would have liked.  I messed up a LOT.  

But you know what?

I'm still trying.

I never gave up.  Not for a day.

Today is new.

I'm still moving forward!

Have faith that it's not too late to see the dreams God placed in my heart come true.  Trust that you mess up for a reason and there's something to learn after every stumble.  Believe that God has an amazing plan for you and He will use it for good.  Embrace that the struggles are going to bring you closer to your dream and God will carry you through.  

Envision your dreams.  Connect with God.  Listen for His voice.  Declare that this is your time, this is your moment, these are your dreams... and receive it!  We can do this!


2 comments:

  1. Amen!! Great post girlie. It is a moment by moment dependence on truth that will place us where God wants us. My Bible reading this morning included 1 Corinthians 10:13. Felt like I needed to share that with ya this morning. Have a gorgeous Sunday!!

    Falen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Falen! This verse is such a great reminder of how big God really is! We're in good hands... this verse feels like a relief, really.

      1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

      Delete