Monday, January 7, 2013

Be Positive, Patient, & Persistent



Have you ever felt like the arrow being pulled backward?  

That's me today.  Well, let's be honest... the past few days.

It's really difficult to fight through times like this.  It makes me sad that a lot of people don't.  It makes me sad to remember times in my life when I didn'tI never want to allow my circumstances to overtake and consume me.  I want to FULLY rely on God to carry me through.  I want to trust God's timing and believe it's perfect for me.  I want to be patient and calm and understanding. 

Sometimes that's hard. 

God can see the road map of our lives.  We can't.  We don't know what's best for us.  He does.  We have to trust when He says "For I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  (Jeremiah 29:11)  He's talking about what's in store... the dreams He's laid on our hearts.  Even the ones we haven't discoveredHow fabulous is THAT?  

It's comforting to me.  It calms my racing heart and helps me breathe.

Can you imagine how our lives might change if we forced ourselves to be positive, patient, and persistent during these super-difficult timesLet's try to remember that when life seems to be more than we can bare, something amazing is about to happen... and God WON'T fail us even when it doesn't seem to be working out the way we'd planned.  


No comments:

Post a Comment