Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 49
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
220
Current weight:
205 (last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss:
15 pounds!

Last week's dream focus: Start doing more weight training than cardio to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; buy healthier foods and bring them to work instead of eating animal crackers for lunch (which is not an acceptable meal); research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; and keep focused on my dream!


What went well: I went to the gym 5 out of 7 days again!  I had a personal training session and it kicked my butt.  Like seriously.  I completed it and I’m still sore after two days!  I have another Zumba Glow party on Friday night and I can’t wait to go! 

My Facebook page has gone WILD with new likes!  As I’m writing this I’m at 553.  WHAT?  That’s incredible!  I’m so humbled by the growth and my heart is blessed by the people I’m meeting and the things I’m learning.  I’m hearing different perspectives, I’m feeling accountable, I’m being reminded about good habits, AND I’m participating in the Holiday Squat-A-Thon!  I never would’ve done that had it not been for my new Facebook peeps!

AND, I was a guest blogger at Natural Fit and Frugal this week!  Is that cool or what?  I love how the internet can lead you to people all over the world and stories are shared that connect to your heart.  That blessed me big time.


Challenges:  I’m finding it very difficult this week to not eat the things I cook.  Let me explain… my husband and the boy (who’s almost 16 and eating everything in sight) like hearty, home-cooked meals.  I love to cook heart home-cooked meals.  Sounds like a match made in heaven, right?  Well, yes, but I’ve been so bad this week about controlling my portions of those foods.  If I’m just taking care of me, then we’re all good!  I’m content eating a can of green beans (with no salt added) for dinner!  I have to work on this.

The personal training session was a challenge.  Period.  Last week it was Turbo Kick.  I just want to keep adding challenges like this because it means I’m getting even closer to my dream!  YAY!


This week's dream focus:  Add more weight training to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; stop allowing “good deals” or lunch specials to lure me in and tempt me to make poor eating decisions (ex. ½ price burgers and fries at The Quaff on Tuesdays); and always keep focused on my dream! 
Food for thought:  If I shape me, do I really want to allow 1/2 price burgers and fries to have a say in my "shape"?

4 comments: