I've said many times I don't enjoy victim mentality, I don't enjoy being around people who seem to embrace it, and I will fight hard to avoid falling into the "victim trap". Victimization is negative. It's a direct result of insecurity and inferiority... and Satan's very good at using these against us.
I've been a victim before and I don't at all enjoy thinking about who I was during those times. I want to be different. I want to be positive. I want to live a life that pleases God, my family, and ME! I want to leave others feeling better about themselves after spending time with me or reading something I wrote. And not for my glory, but to glorify God and to build others up.
I came across this list of 12 Negative Thoughts Holding You Back . Some people might look at this list as ugly, but I think it's a beautiful, eye-opening guide of how to get closer to your dream!
"We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking."
(This list courtesy of www.FB.com/TributetoStephenCovey)
- "My past is indicative of my future."
- Failed attempts and mistakes are part of the growth process. They are valuable experiences.
- Being defeated is a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent
- "I care what they think of me.”
- Ignore the rude people who talk about you behind your back
- True strength is being wise enough to walk away from the nonsense proudly
- "I’ll do what makes me happy someday.”
- Today is the oldest you’ve even been and the youngest you’ll ever be again
- The perfect moment to follow your values and pursue your own dreams is now
- "I can’t,“ “It’s too late,“ “I’m not good enough,” etc.
- Our attitude shifts our sails and ultimately determines not only our final destination, but more importantly, the voyage and experiences along the way
- "There’s so much that could go wrong.”
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start thinking of what could go right
- Be thankful for all the positive things you have to fuel an even brighter tomorrow
- "I will never forgive you.”
- Forgive them. You have learned about trust & being cautious when you open your heart
- You are stronger now and better equipped to find the kind of love you deserve
- "I don’t like them because they’re broken.”
- Be someone who builds and nurtures with an understanding, forgiving heart and looks for the best in people and leave them a little stronger than before
- Don’t sum up a person’s entire existence in one moment
- "I am too unhappy to make anyone else happy.”
- Happiness is a boomerang. When you catch yourself felling unhappy, do something small that makes someone else happy. When they smile, it will be hard not to smile back.
- "I can’t trust anyone.”
- We often keep our hearts closed because we don’t trust ourselves to survive the pain again
- We come to realize our true strength through hurt and sufferings
- "Everyone else is doing it, so it must be right.”
- Live YOUR life
- Never hide who you are
- The only shame is to have shame
- Stand up for what you believe in
- "It will never get better.” “It will never get worse.”
- Appreciate every great moment
- Take one day at a time
- All moments, good or bad, won’t last forever
- "I don’t have time to dream.”
- The real tragedy in life lies in having no dream to reach
- You don’t
have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take one step at a time