Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 46
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 218
Current weight: 208
This week's loss: * I didn’t weigh this week *
Total weight loss: 10 pounds
 
 
Last week's dream focus: Continue the going to gym; continue to talk back to those negative, self-critical thoughts; keep adding to the list of healthy food options; keep moving in the direction of my dream – envisioning how it will look and feel when it’s my new reality; continue embracing the transition; and JUST DON'T GIVE UP!


What went well: I’ve ROCKED the gym this week! I’ve gone 6 times since my last Wednesday Wow Factor! THAT’S SO EXCITING! My clothes are starting to “get bigger”… well actually I’m slimming down! YAY!
   
 
Challenges: The self-criticism battle rages on, but I keep pressing forward and continue telling Satan to get away from me. It’s getting easier, that’s for certain! I’ve really struggled with exercise-induced asthma, but it’s never stopped me from working out… and I won’t allow it. I’ll slow down if needed, but it won’t hold me back!
 
I came close to having a total melt-down in Forever 21 this weekend. I knew they had a "Plus Size" division, but I wasn't sure if every store sold them, so I went inside to see. They have SUPER cute, trendy clothes and they're pretty inexpensive.  I searched the store, with my husband tagging along, so supportive.  When I came to the last section of regular sizes, I could feel the lump rising up in my throat and crocodile tears beginning to search for a way out.  They didn't carry plus sizes.
 
I suddenly noticed all the women shopping for clothing and saw how much thinner they were than I.  (Insecurity/inferiority/comparrison).  I started to feel sick, thinking "they must be wondering what I'm doing here... it's obvious I can't fit into these clothes".  I told my husband I needed his help because I was about to have a total break-down in the store.  He was amazing and reminded me I'm on my way, I'm just not there yet.  He told me that one day we'll come in here and I'll be crying because I was able to buy clothes!  He told me how proud he was and encouraged me to keep hanging in there because I was doing great.  We were able to leave the store without me crying! 

*Oh, and I told the devil where to go when it became really obvious that he set me up to bombard me with feelings of insecurity, inferiority, and comparrison.  Gross.  I'M OVER IT!!!*


This week's dream focus: Continue the going to gym and continue to talking back to those negative, self-critical thoughts! I’m attending a Zumba Glo party Friday night for two hours of dancin’ with glow necklaces on and lights out! The next day I’ll attend a wedding reception with hours of dancing… and I CANNOT WAIT! I expect about 2,500 to 3,000 calories to be burned to the GROUND this weekend!

“Shake what your momma gave ya!”

 
 

2 comments: