Friday, November 23, 2012

So Thankful!


What a fun couple of days!  Lots of cookin', eatin', family, and... fitness!  I worked out every day, with the exception of Thanksgiving Day.  Between Monday and Wednesday, my fitness execution was high and my caloric intake was lower than normal, leaving me 1,900 calories UNDER my weekly budget!  I did great on Thanksgiving and didn't go wild with my eating.  I was only around 300 calories over my budget of 1,860 calories... which is amazing for a meal like that! 

But today... well that's another story.

I was tempted by a smorgasbord of southern delights; deep fried turkey, dressing, Cajun corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cheesy potato casserole, cranberry fluff, rolls, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and sweet tea!  The only thing I resisted was the sweet tea.  :)  I'll be honest, I felt AMAZING about how well I did yesterday, but today?  I have some making up to do! 
I estimated a consumption of (breathe in...) around 2,800 calories in today's meal... the only meal I'm eating.  This put me over by 780 calories.  So, with the 1,580 calories I had to work with after Thursday's meal, I'm still 800 calories UNDER budget so far this week!  I really feel good about that!  AND, I'll definitely hit the gym tomorrow morning and I'm considering trying Turbo Kick for the first time.  I feel like I could redeem myself with a class like that!

So, let's have a little fun, here!  You know the saying "You snooze, you lose?"  Well, four of my family members were victims of tryptophan (the amino acid in turkey that makes you sleepy) today.

Behold (from left to right, top to bottom) my brother-in-law, my niece, my dad, and my momma.  (hee hee)...



And, the day wouldn't be complete without sharing some Dixie shenanigans with you.  From left to right, here's Dixie strategically located underneath the turkey as it's being cut.  It paid off for her several times!   Next, as I'm enjoying my half-size slice of pumpkin pie, Dixie's giving me her big puppy dawg eyes, just begging for a bite.  (She got some crust and licked the plate).  And lastly, she was the final victim of tryptophan! 

Lucky dawg!


No comments:

Post a Comment