Saturday, November 24, 2012

Butt = Kicked


I'm not a morning person. 

I hadn't had my coffee.

I'd never done Turbo Kick before.

It's the day after two hearty Thanksgiving meals.

I did a one hour Turbo Kick class at 10:00 this morning.

Am I insane? 


I expected it to be more of a challenge than Zumba or Hip Hop Hustle, but YIKES!  It was HARD!  It's only been two and a half hours since the class finished and I'm already feeling the effects.  I drank two protein shakes to help with recovery, but I just know I'm going to be sore tonight!  I mean, check this out!  (They make it look SO EASY!)



I was the only newbie in the class but I picked up the moves well.  I didn't kick as high as some of the others and I messed up a lot, but I tried!  At one point I wondered if I could walk out.  After all, it was hard being next to super-thin, very athletic, competitive, get the moves right or else girl. 

Whoops.  That's comparison, inferiority, and insecurity.

I spotted that right away and told the devil to GET AWAY FROM ME!   (Gosh, he's so GROSS.)  I tried hard to focus on the instructor only and ignore anyone and anything else that could distract me.  It really helped!  I did the moves as best I could.  They were pretty hard for where I am now, but some of them were really fun.  And I was actually proud of myself and how much I was able to do!  I was proud that I didn't walk out!  I earned my shower and I'm considering going to the Wednesday night class!

Was I perfect?  Definitely not!  I wasn't perfect and neither was the girl I was comparing myself with... nor the instructor.  We all made mistakes.  It wasn't about being perfect or even close to it.  It was about trying your best, continuing to move, and burning calories.  We persisted... and that's far better than striving for perfection.  Perfection is unrealistic. 

(Gosh, my body hurts... but I kinda like it!  It means I'm getting closer to my dream!)


No comments:

Post a Comment