Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Coulda... But I Didn't!



I almost let insecurity stop me yesterday.
I almost allowed feelings of inferiority to overtake me.
I almost invited my past mistakes and shortcomings to my decision-making party.
I almost made a choice that would have delayed my dream even further.

BUT I DIDN'T!

I was courageous!  
I talked some sense into me!
I shifted my focus back to my dreams!
I told the devil to get behind me!
I prayed and trusted God and His timing!
I made a HUGE step towards my dream!
I found another "second wind"!

I JOINED A GYM! 

YAY ME!!!!  I haven't felt this proud about a personal accomplishment in a long time in my journey.  This is a HUGE deal for me!  

I've instantly picked up the desire to log food, I'm really aware and conscious of what I eat again, and I've started thinking food-related decisions through.  The truth is, most of those good things had been on the back burner for a couple of months.



Here's my new key card!  SO PUMPED!  And let me tell you how God worked this out...

What Might Have Been:
  • I would've paid $111 every three months at the gym downtown. $37 a month isn't bad.
  • I would rarely, if ever, come downtown on the weekends to work out.
  • It's about 15 minutes from my house to downtown... 30 round trip.
  • If I'm busy at work and need to skip lunch to get something done, the gym is out (I ride to and from work with my husband).
  • There are no classes available for $37 a month.

What God Did:
  • I received a major discount on the start-up fee because it was their open house and I called to schedule tour!  (Wasn't expecting that at all.  Good timing... GOD'S timing!)
  • I'll pay $33 a month, every month, with NO CONTRACT!  And I can "freeze" my membership for medical reasons (or others that probably won't apply) for up to a year!
  • Zumba, Hip Hop Hustle, Turbo Kick, 20/20/20, and several other classes are included!
  • I'll be eager to work out on the weekends, especially when my husband is hunting!
  • I'm only 7 minutes from the gym, so it's convenient!  Half the time and distance! (LOOK EVERYONE - I SOLVED A MATH PROBLEM!!!!!!)

Isn't God good?  CAN I GET AN AMEN AND A YEE HAW, Y'ALL?


I hope you experience how great it feels when you keep hanging on to your dream. If you mess up, it's okay.  It's behind you the second you make it.  You can start again in that moment.  Forgive yourself and move forward.  Just don't give up!  Hold on to the tiniest bit of hope during the transition and know it will lead you to the dreams in your heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment