Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Willingness To Wait


Isn't your dream worth waiting for?  Even with setbacks, delays, hurdles, obstacles, challenges, valleys, fear, frustration, anxiety, and every other overwhelming aspect we face, I believe the dreams in our hearts were put there for a reason and are worth waiting for. 

...and they're worth fighting for.

Fear has been creeping in on me again... especially this month during recovery.  And Fear's old counterpart Doubt has joined the party.  It has me doubting my dreams, doubting my abilities, doubting the process, and doubting the future.   But I won't let fear and doubt win.  I won't give up.  I knew this was going to be hard.  I knew I would want to throw in the towel at some point (and not on only one occasion).  I knew I'd mess up more than once.  I knew these bad habits of overeating, emotional eating, and not being physically active would take time, effort and determination to change. 


So I'm continuing on in my journey at my own pace, doing only what I can handle every day.  I won't set unreasonable expectations for myself only to be let down.  I'll make my goals attainable.  I know I have to work hard to change my responses to emotions... and sometimes that means focusing to change the way I think and feel about food, exercise, and life. 

We can't forget that losing weight and getting healthy isn't only about eating less, eating different foods, and moving more.  It's largely about the way we think about food and fitness, who we surround ourselves with, and how we handle situations in life.  When we retrain our brains, the physical aspects come more naturally.  Yes, they still take work and effort.  You might have sore muscles, but you're more likely to embrace it rather than hate it!

Be easy on yourself!  Be willing to wait!  Be okay with slow progress!  (Remember, slow progress is still progress.)


BONUS: 
Here are the pictures I promised!  Here are the sweet animals who've been by my side all month.  You remember Dixie and Tallulah... they "tried" to overlook their differences to be there in my time of need.  It worked well the first two days...


No comments:

Post a Comment