Thursday, July 12, 2012

Letting Go


My manager posted the incredible words below in his blog this week.  Each time I read them they speak differently to me. 

Read them as they are and reflect on how they speak to you. 

* * *

Letting Go

 
Letting go does not mean to stop caring;
It means I can’t do it for someone else.
 
Letting go is not to cut myself off;
It’s the realization I can’t control another.
 
Letting go is not to enable;
Which means the outcome is not in my hands.
 
Letting go is not trying to change or blame another;
It’s to make the most of myself.
 
Letting go is not to care for;
It’s to care about.
 
Letting is go not to fix; but to be supportive.
It’s not to judge but to allow another to be a human being.
 
Letting go is not to be in the middle arranging the outcome;
But to allow another to affect their own destiny.
 
Letting go is not to be protective;
It’s to permit another to face reality.
 
Letting go is not to deny; but to accept.
 
Letting go is not to nag, scold or argue;
But instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
 
Letting go is not to adjust everything to my desires;
But to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.
 
Letting go is to not regret the past;
But grow and live for the future.
 
Letting go is to fear less and live more.


* * *
 
 
Now, read them a second time and focus on how they could be applied in your weight loss journey. 
 
Wasn't that humbling?  Did you see it in a different way?
 
What do you need to let go of?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this again and MAKING me read and reread : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO welcome!!! I re-read this a lot and I can tell it's making a difference for me!

    ReplyDelete