Monday, July 30, 2012

Be Anxious For Nothing


Worry.

It comes so naturally to us. 

And doesn't usually seem easier to worry than to hand it over to God?

Today, someone put it like this: you can't pray about something and then turn around and worry about it.  If you do, you're not fully trusting that God knows what He's doing... you don't fully believe it's in His hands.  You just can't do both.  You either pray and believe God is in control or you worry and empty today of it's strength, joy, and beauty. 

This is the perfect reminder for me this week.  My surgery is Wednesday and it just can't get here fast enough.  The pain has increased, making normal things really difficult, sometimes unbearable.  I pray for God to be my pain relief.  I pray for the outcome of this surgery.  I know it's all in His hands. 

The pain I've been dealing with is caused by endometriosis.  I'm having five surgical procedures Wednesday to help with the condition and try to discover more about some other problems I've been dealing with.  It's been an emotional ride and a challenge at times, but I feel at peace knowing God is in control of it all.

Today I realized that I've been praying, then worrying about what's in store.  Even the smallest amount of anxiety, fear, worry, and uncertainty is robbing my peace.  It causes division and separation in my relationship with God.  That's something I certainly don't want.  I lay it all down and lift my heart to Him now...

"Thank you, God, for opening my eyes to help me see this revelation!  Help me trust and fully rely on You.  I know your plans are bigger and better than my dreams... please help me to hold onto that as I go through this surgery and the recovery process.  You know I'm scared and feeling nervous about what the future holds, but I don't want to worry about the things I can't control.  When those feelings creep in Lord, please remind me that YOU hold my future and that NOTHING and NO ONE can stand in the way of Your will!  In Your name I pray, Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment