Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 23
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 218
Current weight: 199
This week's loss: No loss, no gain
Total weight loss: 19 pounds


Last week's dream focus: Focus on all the great, positive things I'm doing and find ways to improve the areas I'm struggling in.  Get back on track and focus on making good choices.  Implement more healthy movement into my day and work out at least one time this week. 


What went well:  Tuesday’s Dare to Dream session lifted me up in a big way.  I no longer feel like giving up on my dreams and don’t feel as down about the amount of progress I’ve made.  I struggle with accepting that it’s okay to take a break from blogging and doing everything for everyone to clear my mind, recharge, and nurture my soul to enable me to continue nurturing others.


Challenges: I started pigging out after returning from vacation… and I have no idea why.  I’m sure my emotional roller coaster contributed to it.  I was (take a deep breath) 2,280 calories over my weekly budget (the worst ever).  I realize most of that was a result of going over my daily budget all but two days with no “real” exercise… and I consumed 3,000 calories the day we came home from Louisiana (fast food, fast food, ball park food, snacking on pistachios).  It’s the worst I’ve done since I began my journey… but hey, it’s behind me now!  :)

 
Most days in Louisiana were a struggle because I’m now used to eating something (healthy) for breakfast and the theme was to eat nothing until lunch.  Not okay.  I started getting headaches and feeling grouchy… almost angry the longer I went without food!  And, the days I did eat breakfast it was something unhealthy like two Krispy Kreme doughnuts or a Little Debbie Snack Cake.  Too many days of that might have added to my rage…?

Out of control emotions have challenged me to stay focused on my dreams and not give up on them.  The beginning of last week found me ravenous while these past two days have found me forgetting about food and eating.  Gotta find that balance…


This week's dream focus: Nurture myself when needed.  It’s a must!  Eat healthy and sensibly, especially during the family reunion weekend.  Continue praying about that spark needed to help me get back on the fitness train!  I also plan to read the blog posts I wrote during the beginning of my journey to remember, in my own words, how I felt when I worked out.  I feel it might be beneficial!



No comments:

Post a Comment