Monday, June 4, 2012

Preparing to Launch



Ahhh, life... with its ups and downs.

Life... with its mountains and valleys.

Life... in God's timing, not ours.


It certainly feels like I'm preparing to launch into something great because "my arrow" is being pulled back hard at the moment.  My emotions are all over the place.  I'm overwhelmed.  I'm exhausted.  I'm down.  I'm edgy.  I'm uncharacteristically impatient and intolerant.  I'm sad.  I'm confused.  I'm tired.  I'm filled with tears.

I'm really frustrated with the progress of my dreams.  I'm wishing I was further along in my weight loss with better results to show.  I'm frustrated that what my heart desires to do for a living still isn't what I'm doing every day.  I'm upset that certain other things aren't happening for me.

I don't know why I'm feeling this way.  I don't know where it's coming from.  I don't know what's in store.  And I can't pretend everything is peachy right now. 

What I do know is that God is in control and it's all part of His plan.  I'm feeling these emotions for a reason, revealed in the right timing.  There's a purpose for all this, so I trust it's going to be okay.  I have faith that God will get me through it.  I will keep looking forward and I won't stand still.  I'll keep moving in the direction of my dreams, even when I'm unsure of them.

Tonight I could have written a feel-good post with pretty pictures and kept these real emotions to myself.  But I need to be transparent.  I need you to know I'm real and this journey isn't easy.  I need to acknowledge the ugly parts as well as the beautiful.  And I need you to not give up on your dreams. 

We're in this together!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Chrissy, I am SO sorry you are feeling this way. I didn't see this post until this morning, but I just HAVE TO share another sign of God's timing. I am reading Jesus calling by Sarah Young. This is yesterday's reading: "WELCOME CHALLENGING TIMES as opportunities to trust Me. You have me beside you and my Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Without Me, you wouldn't make it past the first hurdle!
    The way to walk through demanding days is to grip My hand tightly and stay in close communication with Me. let you thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness. Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect Peace as you stay close to Me."
    James 1:2, Pilippians 4:13, Isaiah 16:3
    I think you do a GREAT job of relying on Christ for your strength and you always give Him the glory, but I just HAD TO share this and I know it just another sign of His timing! I pray this encourages you! Keep on keeping on GF! I believe in you!!! Thank you for being transparent with your readers....you are A W E S O M E !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was BEAUTIFUL, Tammy!! I really REALLY needed to hear those words today. I love that you shared them with me. Sometimes we have to just go through this stuff and it's okay. ♥ I can't tell you how much I appreciate your accountability and support - LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete