Monday, June 25, 2012

The Courage to Continue



Truthfully, fitness has been the last thing on my mind the past several days.  It's mostly a result of not feeling my best.  But today I came across this blog post called Lazy Girl Fitness.  Blogger Meghan Bailey shows us several fitness moves we can do while performing everyday tasks such as microwaving food, brushing our teeth, and reading a book, to name a few. 

Talk about EASY!  DUH.  (Multitasking can be our friend.) 

I hadn't though of "working out' while I'm waiting on water to boil or while drying my hair.  Such a great idea!  I'm pretty sure I could start this tonight and feel good about it!


It's been a while since I've worked out.  I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about it.  This uncomfortable pain I've been experiencing is just a minor setback, it's not the end of my weight loss journey. 

I've come to accept that there are things I need to focus on and figure out during my time on the plateau.  There are things to work through and improve on before I'm ready to add serious fitness back into my daily routine.  We have to be okay with not taking on the world and maintaining that same pace from day one.  True, some people can do it.  But the diet industry leads me to believe that more people struggle with decreasing their caloric intake, exercising daily, eating healthier, and motivating themselves than not.  If it were easy, most everyone would be thin and healthy. 

We'll have ups and downs.  We'll have good days and bad.  We'll want to give up.  But if we keep going, even when it's difficult... if we don't throw in the towel altogether, we'll have such a better chance of seeing our dream come true.  

Believe in yourself, trust the journey, and turn your dream into reality. 

WE CAN DO THIS!

6 comments:

  1. I dislike exercise as well. I keep trying to trick myself into liking it more. My weight watcher leader tells me it is about 90% eating and 10% exercise. But she does tell me that it is important to keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Tricking yourself into working out is great! I find something I like and go with that, until it gets boring and I have to mix it up. Putting on some good music helps transport me to another place... and that really does change my perspective. I hate numbers and math, but I'm liking the 90/10 rule!!!!!

      Delete
  2. When I exercise I feel energized and typically eat healthier during the day. All I think about when I'm about to eat that cookie is...I'm going to have to run 30 minutes to burn this off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it DOWN!!!! When I'm focused on fitness, I always thing that way and eat healthier. It's not always easy to do, but it makes a world of difference. Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me of how it feels to be so aware... I really needed that today! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post, I am almost 7 months in on my weight loss journey and have really struggled the last couple of weeks. There are definitely things I need to work on and pray about during g this plateau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so welcome! (I needed it just as much as you!) Plateaus are difficult and our responses can make or break us. KEEP GOING!! I started December 28 of last year... you and I are both right around 7 months and we have to remember: it takes time, faith, effort, trust, work, focus, and courage to make this dream come true. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Don't give up... find that fighter and FAB CHICK within. Let her shine! Let her blow us out of the water with her awesomeness! YOU'RE AMAZING - KEEP GOING!!!!!! :)

      Delete