Wednesday, June 20, 2012

5 Days of Gratitude - Day 5


Day 5


Day 5... was actually yesterday!  I had so much work on my plate and was focused on keeping my mind from worrying about things I can't control.  As we all know, worrying doesn't do us any good.  I was feeling really exhausted and in pain, so any extra sleep sounded delightful.  Thank you for understanding and being patient during the intermission!  Now, on with the show...


My peaches were finally ripe enough to eat!  (Thank you, little brown bag!)  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it in a previous post, but the very smell of a fresh peach instantly transports me to a summer day in my grandma's kitchen.  It makes me happy and miss her all in the same moment.  The memories of her fill my soul with joy and that in itself is a gift.  She was amazing and I miss her every day.

With my first ripe peach I made another smoothie to start my morning!  Oh and please notice day 3 of my flowers (still) living in their new home!  Anyway, this smoothie ROCKED my world!  It was so easy to make...

Water
Ice
1 Medium Banana
1 Peach (with skin on)
1 Cup Non-Fat Peach Yogurt
Honey
Coconut Flakes

I just add the ingredients to your blender and blend well.  Pour into a Mason jar and top with coconut flakes.  UH-MAY-ZING!!!



Next we have Tallulah.  Ah, Tallulah.  I adopted her in 2008 from a local animal shelter.  She's an American Bobtail cat (born with no tail and has a little "cotton ball" in place of it).  She's super sweet but has a few bulbs missing from her Christmas tree.  Maybe it's the breed... maybe she got into some tainted beef (she was found as a stray scroungin' around the back of Bates City Bar-B-Que).  Never the less, I love this cat.  Oh, and she's the one Dixie loves to herd... ALL. DAY. LONG.  I came into the kitchen to find her in the sink... again.  She loves sunning herself in the sink.  She's a hot mess!

She helped me through difficult times and has given me lots of laughs.  For that, I'm grateful.

Speaking of Dixie, she was my personal assistant when I worked from home again.  She's better at herding the cats than helping me test software.  As you can she, she didn't do either for a while.  I love how much calmer the animals are when we work from home.  It's so sweet and peaceful.  A blessing.  Now, to bring that same peace into the work place...


 The boy had a baseball game.  The wind was blowing like 278 miles per hour.  Okay, more like 15 to 20 MPH, but still.  It was like three hours of extreme microderm abrasion.  I was gritty, nasty, funky, and grubby.  I had dust and dirt in my mouth and nostrils and eyes and every other place it didn't belong.  It frustrated me and grossed me out.  But watching the boy play ball is fun.  Seeing him "do his thang" makes me happy and I take it in.  These days fly by and I don't want to miss a thing.

This is my hunky husband.  I just LOVE this picture!!!  And let me introduce you to his purple LSU hat.  This hat... well, it's older than the boy.  It's been through good times and bad.  It's seen better days.  It's been everywhere, man.  :) 

Guys and their hats.  I guess it's like a good woman... you find one you like that compliments your personality and you just can't imagine life without it.  I've come to love this hat, especially when he wears it backwards.  It makes me so happy.  And even though it's a little worn and weathered, it makes me smile.


 

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post, girl. I know how much you like a backwards ball cap too! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete