Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!






Week 21
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 218
Current weight: 199
This week's loss: No loss, no gain!
Total weight loss: 19 pounds


Last week's dream focus: Focus on being HEALTHY and making good choices.  When I make poor choices, I'll admit it was a mistake and I'll make a good effort to do better next time.  Search hard for the things I can learn during the plateaus and valleys, because they WILL occur.  I will be faced with them... on more than one occasion.  Celebrate every small victory.  Implement more healthy movement into my day, even if it's not a "workout".  Embrace the really difficult and challenging aspects of this journey... I'll feel so much more accomplished and proud of myself when my dream becomes reality.


What went well:  I chose healthier foods and snacks, staying under my caloric budget!  I had more revelations about my journey and where I've been this past few weeks.  I've felt a lot of support from my friends and family during the challenging moments (and there have been a LOT).  I didn't gain any weight this week (especially exciting with the amount of sweets I consumed)!  AND, the one day I TRULY wanted to give up and quit... I DIDN'T!  I was reminded of how important this dream is and of all the reasons I CAN'T give up. 

My husband and I have started walking downtown together in place of spending $20+ on lunch.  It's been so fun and a getting away from the job for even 30 minutes has been way nice.  AND we're saving a bunch of money (which is ALWAYS nice).


Challenges: Having sweets around the house tempted me and I gave in many times.  I didn't do any set workouts besides walking and taking the stairs at work.  Ignoring negative and self-sabotaging thoughts has been so challenging this week.


This week's dream focus: Continue focusing on being HEALTHY and making good choices. Remember that EVERY decision matters.  When I'm tempted to think "It's okay to eat this unplanned food because it's just this one time", respond with "I'm fooling myself if I think this time doesn't matter because EVERY time matters!  Every time I eat off track it's more likely I will the next time, which delays my dream from being reality.  Every time I stick to my plan, it's more likely I will the next time, which brings me closer to my dream!"  Celebrate every small victory.  Implement more healthy movement into my day, even if it's not a "workout".  Continue embracing the really difficult and challenging aspects of this journey... I'll feel so much more accomplished and proud of myself when my dream becomes reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment