Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!

Week 20
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
199
This week's loss
: Gained 1 pound
Total weight loss:
19 pounds

Last week's dream focus: Motivate myself to get in gear and start implementing these toning and cardio sessions; stay within my caloric budget for the week; tackle that fear and insecurity that holds me back from moving in the direction of my dreams!

What went well:  I ate better, choosing healthy foods and snacks.  I consumed less calories than the previous week and had some serious revelations about my journey and where I've been this past few weeks! I did better with Mexican food this week!

Challenges: I went way over my caloric budget again, but much less than the previous week.  Again, I didn't work out once, with the exception of extra walking and taking the stairs.  

I've been searching to find my motivation and that "one thing" that will get me back on the path of really rockin' it.  What I'm discovering is that there might not always be just "one thing".  There could be a series of eye-opening "ah-ha" moments and reminders of things you already know.  There could be things you have to learn the hard way - those life lessons - for it to really sink in and stick.  They're starting to come together for me now and it feels good!  

My biggest revelation is this: "These are the trying times. These are the minutes, the hours, when you need to brace yourself and just ride it out. They are the ones that make up your character. Because, really- how you act when times are just peachy is nothing compared to how you act when times are rotten. The peachy times don’t say as much about your strength or your determination. These moments where you feel your weakest, when you’re absolutely certain that you’d rather give up than keep going- they’re going to come. If there was no struggle, no strain, we wouldn’t feel so accomplished at the end. We couldn’t be so proud. It’d feel less special. So there’s merit to pointing out the hard parts. Weight loss will come with equal parts struggle and strength. And each will change along the way. You’ll know that it doesn’t stay hard forever. You’ll also know to buckle down when those hard parts come, sure that relief always follows..."


This week's dream focus: Focus on being HEALTHY and making good choices.  When I make poor choices, I'll admit it was a mistake and I'll make a good effort to do better next time.  Search hard for the things I can learn during the plateaus and valleys, because they WILL occur.  I will be faced with them... on more than one occasion.  Celebrate every small victory.  Implement more healthy movement into my day, even if it's not a "workout".  Embrace the really difficult and challenging aspects of this journey... I'll feel so much more accomplished and proud of myself when my dream becomes reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment