Monday, April 9, 2012

Find Your Connection


I want to share with you that my soul's been troubled for several days wondering how I can help others who are finding it difficult to start, or continue, their weight loss journey. 

In our Dare to Dream (D2D) session today, we had an amazing conversation about making that one connection that changes everything... and how it's not the same for everyone.  Then, when you finally discover your one thing, IT'S ON! 

Here's a great example... a girl in our D2D sessions used to loath working out.  It felt like torture for her and she struggled to make it happen consistently.  When her boyfriend asked if she'd like to work out together, she started seeing it in a whole new way.  Now, instead of a chore, it's like a date... or social event!  It's a connection they share as a couple... and a new kind of accountability.  It now seems fun and it's become a part of their everyday life.  It completely changed her perspective and she's had great success in her journey!  She's struggled, as all of us will, but she hasn't let it get the best of her.

In my journey there were a couple of connecting factors.  After making a list of all my dreams, I noticed that my top dreams were connected in a unique way.  Number one dream: losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  I also dream of being a full-time life coach (dream coach, engagement coach, whatever you'd like to call it).  I suddenly realized I'd never be able to achieve that dream, or be successful at it, if I didn't practice what I preached.  How could I encourage others to follow their dreams if I couldn't make my number one dream a reality?  I knew I had to show others that it really is possible.  I have to become an example of how focusing on your dreams can change your perspective and your life.



I felt the calling to document my journey through this blog; for myself and for you.  The connection was real for me when I committed to share my struggles and victories daily; the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful.  I'm using my lessons learned and my "Ah-ha" moments to help others and remind myself of what's really important to me.  I focus on my dreams daily and use them as my "secret weapons" against the daily battles I face (being tempted to overeat, eat things I shouldn't, being lazy and skipping a workout, etc.)  My dreams are more important than anything that will prohibit me from reaching them.

I plan to one day incorporate all this first-hand knowledge into a successful business... turning my dream and passion into a full-time career.  I cannot WAIT to do something I absolutely love everyday... watching others learn about themselves, grow to love themselves, overcome fears and anxiety, follow their dreams, and become more than they ever expected.  Two dreams connected in an amazing way!

If you're struggling to find your connection, take some time to reflect on your life.  What's truly important to you?  What do you love?  What makes you happy?  When your mind wanders, where does it go? 

Have you made a list of your dreams?  If not, I highly encourage you to do this.  It absolutely changed my life forever!  You might be surprised with how some dreams connect.  If you find your fuel, let me know.  I'd love to support and encourage you to keep going! 


2 comments:

  1. I would like to tell you to stop worrying your soul about how you are affecting and helping others change their lives! YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! I can not tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog and sharing my struggles with you and having your support.
    Without you, I would not have found the Beck Diet Solution, which I am convinced has been the key to my change in mind set and my perspective about what I REALLY need/want for my life!
    YOU DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Your passion and zeal for what you are doing with your life to help others is so transparent!
    Feel good about your efforts b/c they are shining through!!!!
    HUGS!!!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kendra!! I needed to hear that tonight. It's so uplifting during a difficult time. And I couldn't be more thrilled that you love the Beck Diet Solution!!! If you haven't already, 'Like' them on Facebook... they post awesome daily notifications (reminders, motivators, etc.) and it's helped me more than once! Check it out!

    Love you and thanks again... more than you know!!!

    ReplyDelete