Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's Your Focus?


It's a fact.  The more you focus on positive things, the less stressful your problems seem.  The challenges and obstacles don't seem as overwhelming and life doesn't hold you back as easily from moving in the direction of your dreams. 

Why do we place so much focus on negative things around us?  There are so many people who have it worse than we do.  We are beyond blessed.  As we reflect on all the abilities, the gifts, the food, the "stuff" we have, our income, our friends and family... we should really be humbling ourselves before God and thanking Him for the abundance of blessings.  It should move us to tears, really. 

When I focus on thanking God for the food before me, it helps me feel more satisfied with the smaller amount of food.  I still have the luxury of choosing almost anything I want to eat, but I don't need to act like a hog at a trough.  It's as simple as slowing down, thanking God for every bite, enjoying the food I've been blessed with and the company around me, enjoying the journey.  It's molding me into something better and more wonderful.  It's changing my world.  And by changing my little world, I'll be able to help change the worlds of others. 

Be thankful!  Focus on positive, good things!  Stop focusing on (and speaking or thinking) negative, pessimistic garbage that's toxic to your life.  It destroys your attitude, your thoughts, your relationships, and your dreams.  If you aren't careful, it can completely destroy your world. 

DON'T LET IT! 

You're worth much more than that.  You are loved.  You are beautiful.  Your dreams are really important.  There's much more in store for you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment