Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!




Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 218
Current weight: 201
This week's loss: 4 pounds

Last week's goals: Maintain control while in Shreveport, work out 4 to 6 times between now and next week, eat small portions, avoid skipping meals, and continue fighting the feelings of defeat, insecurity, and self-negativity.

What went well: Focusing on my dream helped me to avoid making bad decisions and eating more than I should.  I am a sweet tea junkie, especially when I'm in the south (where they really know how to make it) and I wasn't tempted to drink ANY (and it was all around me). I didn't even take one sip and it felt great!  During our road trip, I wasn't tempted to eat a bunch of junk food or convenience store quickies. That used to be difficult for me during a 9 hour drive.

And, with all the delicious Cajun food and southern favorites at hand, I didn't go overboard with how much I consumed. I took my time, enjoyed every bite, and did great!
I LOST 4 POUNDS and verified it on an awesome scale (proving that my old gross one really does work properly)!

Challenges: I struggled big time in Shreveport with insecurity and self-consciousness. I didn't like what I saw in pictures taken of me. I found myself comparing with thinner women who looked good in leggings with cute boots or pretty dresses that I'd love to wear. I felt like I wanted to break down and cry several times. Depression kept trying to work it's way in. Fortunately, I was able to talk myself out of letting it defeat me.  It's a constant battle to remind myself I'm doing great and it's happening faster for me than for some other people. Last weekend my self-esteem issues were pretty overwhelming.

While on the road for 9 hours it's difficult to drink a ton of water (since frequent rest room stopping is inconvenient), so I drank a little less than I would on a normal day. And I didn't do aerobic workouts much between last Wednesday and today. Probably one or two, at the most. I was physically active all weekend though, minus the two full days of riding in the car.

This week's goals: Maintain control while in Little Rock, work out 4 to 6 times between now and next week, stay under caloric budget for the week, and work HARD to overcome feelings of defeat, insecurity, and self-negativity.

Total lost so far: 17 pounds!

Bonus Info: You might be wondering how in the world I could lose 4 pounds in a week without working out daily. A friend told me about a natural supplement called Raspberry Ketone he saw on The Dr. Oz Show. Raspberry ketone is an organic compound that produces the smell of raspberries. It's been found that raspberry ketones can help with weight management. Raspberry ketone can help the efficiency of the metabolism by increasing the body’s core temperature and in so doing increasing the body’s fat burning abilities.


To find out more, watch a video of the Dr. Oz episode Miracle Fat Burner in a Bottle or this one on YouTube.

I began taking one supplement a day on Friday, February 10 and bumped it to two a day on Monday, February 13. I haven't experienced side effects, with the exception of raspberry-smelling indigestion. Not bad, right? From what I've read, when paired with African Mango extract it creates a powerful weight loss supplement that harnesses the weight loss powers of both supplements. The Raspberry Ketone enzyme on its own is efficient and effective at helping to lose weight, but combined with African mango it's appearing to be one of the most effective methods of losing weight naturally. I haven't tried this yet, but I might later on.

Please do some research of your own before you buy these to see if it's right for you. I'm not a medical professional, I only know what is working for me.  I've seen a few websites where people (I'm unsure of their credibility) have left comments stating it made them feel hot and they couldn't sleep after taking the supplements and others saying you should avoid them if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure. I've found more positive results out there than negative.


Here's the link to the supplements I purchased!


4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! It's hard not to get frustrated when you're well on your way to your dreams...trust me. ;0) Be proud of who you are everyday! Your dreams will happen and there's no way in the world you should ever feel like you're not as gorgeous as everyone else...E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, E!! I'm trying so hard not to let those negative thoughts get me down. It's worth the effort!!
      :)

      Delete
  2. Amzaing weight lost, Chrissy!!! That is beyond what words can say......I am so proud of what you have done, what your ARE doing and what you will be doing! Most of all, I am honored that you can share your journey with us. Admitting weakness, insecurity and self negativty says WAAAAY more about your depth of character than your physical appearance ever could!
    I understand the feeling of self pity and frusration when you see other women wearing clothes and shoes you want to wear and looking so dang cute in them, too!
    You may not see the difference in your physical appearance, but others DO! Even though you were peeking around Trevor in the parade picture, I could see how much thinner your face looks.
    Take a picture of yourself each month on the 28th. Put them side by side. I bet you see a difference, espeically with 18lbs already GONE FOREVER!!!
    You are SOOOOO on the right track. Now you are able to talk yourself through the sabatoughing thoughts and flex your positive mental muscles! So much progress already.....

    You will see the difference soon, I promise!
    Love you!!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra, you are awesome!! WOW - thank you very much for all the support you're giving me! (And that goes for all of you who give me feedback!) It's great to hear that you could see a difference in that picture. I was reluctant at first to even post it but I did it anyway. I'm glad I did! I will start taking pictures on the 28th - that's a great idea!!


      I hope you're doing well, too!! This is really exciting for the both of us! :) :) YAY!!!

      Love you!!

      Chrissy

      Delete