Monday, February 20, 2012

My Past Does NOT Define Me


I wrote these words in an earlier blog and a friend put them on a picture for me.  I loved the idea so much I decided to put them on this picture I took one morning before work. 

I love all the birds on the wires.  They gather in this same location a lot in the mornings.  And what's neat about this scene is the picture was taken in January when these birds should be far south of Kansas City.  It makes me smile, just wondering what those bird are "talking" about up there.  When one bird moves to another wire, why do several others follow?  It's really just beautiful to me.

But those words are worth repeating to myself.  I really believe the things I said in that post.  I cherish all the lessons I've learned from every situation.  I try to remember what didn't work in my past and what is working now.  I try to focus on where I want to be.  I reflect on how much better my life is now than it was several years ago.  I focus on my list of dreams and how much they mean to me.  I close my eyes and imagine them coming true... and it's like fuel that keeps me going.

If you haven't tried it, give it a whirl!  Just see what it can do for your perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment