Friday, February 3, 2012

I Want to Succeed... And I Will!


I am SO excited to get there!!!  Reading this just makes me want to work out until I can't stand up (if I thought it would melt the pounds super fast)!

So far, I've lost 10 pounds in my journey and it feels amazing!!  I wore another pair of pants I haven't worn in over a year... and they were loose!!  I'm pretty sure you could seen the hanger marks on them, too.  I just didn't care.  I needed to wear them!  It felt really great to hear people say how proud they were of the hard work and effort I've put in.  It just motivates me and makes me feel supported and loved. 

I really love the accountability and support I've felt from those around me.  And I love helping them more.  It just feels great to share the good, the bad, and the ugly with people who've been there (or are there), too. 

Every time we make a good choice, it brings us one step closer to our dream of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  The knowledge of that should give us so much hope!  Sometimes it's difficult to close my eyes and imagine myself wearing a size large or medium in anything... or imagine myself actually wearing a dress with cute boots and feel good about myself.  But I do it.  I close my eyes and try to envision what I will look like when I finally reach a healthy weight. 

When I finally see it (even if it's cloudy), I feel a true sense of accomplishment and freedom from the chains of emotional eating!  It drives me to keep going!  It reminds me this is my dream and I can never give up on it!  Turning this one dream into reality opens the door for so many of my other dreams to come true.  I want that more than I want to be lazy and overweight.  I want it more than I want to overeat any food in this world.  I want it more than I want to turn to food for comfort.  I want to succeed... and I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment