Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do Somethin'

I don't know what got into me last night, but I was compelled to do not only one, but TWO workouts back-to-back!  Fifty-five minutes later, when the Pussycat Dolls Workout was over, I felt like I had just warmed up.  I thought "why don't I just try another DVD and see what happens?"  So I put in Zumba Live!  

Away I danced, bringin' it and lovin' it!  I lasted forty minutes into it and began to feel light-headed.  I took it as a sign I should call it a success and stop.  I just couldn't believe how fun those ninety-five minutes were!  And I felt so accomplished and proud of myself.  It was nice to be active instead of sitting and watching t.v.

If you struggle with getting up and doing something, figure out what floats your boat.  What do you consider fun?  Do you like to dance (even if you feel goofy or awkward)?  Do you like stretching, walking, lifting weights, swimming, playing sports, walking the dog, or something else?  Determine what's fun, or at least enjoyable, and start doing it! 

I don't have a Wii, but I know several people who do and use Wii Fit as their form of exercise.  From what I've heard, it can kick your butt!  I'd love to do 'Just Dance' during times when I'm needing a change.  Maybe that could me my 40 pound weight loss reward!

Whatever engages you and drives you to get up off the sofa, DO IT!  Remember, you'll never regret doing a workout, but you'll usually regret skipping one. 

Think about your dream.  Isn't it worth missing a show or several minutes of internet browsing?  Get TiVO or a VCR and record the show.  And the internet's not going anywhere.  Neither of those are good excuses. 

Think about all the advantages to losing weight.  There are so many things you want more than to sit on your hiney.  Think about how many people have more weight to lose than you.  You don't have it as bad as you think.  People with more weight to lose than you have lost it.  They've maintained it.  You can do it, too. 

It's time to change your perspective.

You have to make the choice to do this.  

This is your dream. 

Your deserve to see it come true. 

You truly desire this for yourself.

It CAN happen.

And YOU.ARE.WORTH.IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment