Monday, January 23, 2012

Positively Positive!


Now THIS is what I'm talking about!  There's nothing negative about being positive! 

We are human.  We're going to think negative thoughts every now and then.  We're going to say negative things sometimes.  It just slips out.  But when it happens, we can turn it around.  We can forgive ourselves, or ask others to forgive us, and change the focus to positive!

I struggled with this once today.  I didn't feel well at all.  And sometimes when you don't feel well it can make you feel down... sometimes even crabby and negative.  I started thinking negative thoughts when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today.  It wasn't good.  I kept them to myself.  Then I told myself to stop thinking that way.  I'm on this weight loss journey for a greater purpose and the end result is going to be amazing!  I reminded myself that I have family and friends who have loved me when I was at my heaviest and they will continue to love me.  And so will my husband!

I've been known to let fear stop me from doing great things.  I've probably mentioned this before.  I'll probably mention it again.  But I'm making a great effort to stop that nonsense!  I never want to look back at my life and regret not trying something out of fear of failure, fear of looking stupid, fear of not meeting someone else's standards.  And I never want to be a negative person.

If I'm being 100% honest, I don't like being around negative, pessimistic people.  At all.  It drains the positive energy out of me.  It makes me want to run.  It irritates me.  I sometimes can't handle it.  But positive people... I gravitate towards them!  I love being around someone who sees the good in every situation!  I love surrounding myself with people who use their past to make them better, not bitter... people who support me, encourage me, and lift me up when I'm facing adversity!  Those are the kinds of people I want to be around.  It moves me in the direction of my dreams! 

I want to be that kind of person to others. 

We should all try to live that way.

Life's way too short to focus on the negative.  Where there's a negative, there's always a positive.  And when there's a rain cloud, there's always the sun shining behind it!




No comments:

Post a Comment