Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Make a Splash!


I simply love this.  So many of us are held back from achieving our dreams because of fear.  Fear that it might be hard or painful, fear of failure, fear of looking stupid, fear of ___.   We just don't want to feel uncomfortable or inconvenienced. 

So why is it that we instead choose to continue on in life with the discomfort of being overweight, wearing sizes larger than we'd like, comparing ourselves to others, putting ourselves down, and turning to food to fill these voids?  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  It's almost self-torture, really.

I've recently started letting go of some of my fears and AMAZING things are happening in my life since I've become more brave!!!!  Instead of taking things personal, I'm beginning to think "so what if they aren't on board, they're the ones missing out" or "maybe they just aren't in the right place at this time, they aren't rejecting me".  Instead of feeling like I'm being deprived of food or tortured with some reasonable structure and boundaries, I now think "what do I have to lose but weight, clothes I don't want to wear anymore, a ton of insecurity, and health issues?" 

...believe me, splashing is so much fun!!!

"Change happens when the fear of holding on become greater than the fear of letting go." ~Spencer Johnson

 
I dare you to make a splash!



No comments:

Post a Comment