Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ladies & Gents... 2012!


I really cannot believe it's January 1, 2012!  This morning I was thinking about all the special software coding and testing we performed in preparation for "Y2K"... all those hours spent to be sure a major disaster didn't occur.  When the clock struck 12:00 AM on January 1, 2000, everything was just fine.  Better safe than sorry, I suppose!  But I remember how the year 2000 seemed so space aged.  Heck, when I was a little girl Prince even led me to believe that 1999 would be the end of the world... "Two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time!" 

So much has happened in the last 12 years.  So much has changed in my life, in my surroundings, in my growth.  I think back to the various times I've attempted to lose weight.  Many successful for a while, but at some point I allowed circumstances to overwhelm me and I turned to food for comfort.  It was always easier to give in than to keep pushing on.  But this time it feels different... this time I'm focused on my dreams!  I'm being held accountable by you!  I'm fully supported! 

Right now, I feel a true sense of purpose in my life.  I've felt it in the past, but not like this.  This time it's different.  I feel deep in my soul that this journey is going to take me some place amazing!  A place I currently know as a dream will soon be my reality!  I'm so excited about the possibilities...

Oh, I suppose I should give y'all an update on how I've done!  Well, my husband and I did some serious cleaning, organizing and shopping Saturday, burning a lot of calories!  I was so busy that I didn't even think about food or eating!  It was around 2:00 when I finally felt my stomach growl and realized we should probably eat (this is a HUGE deal for me - although I don't suggest waiting that long to eat or skipping breakfast normally... a true growling stomach is your body's way of indicating it's ready for some fuel.)   We had a late lunch around 2:45... I had a side salad with a small side of honey mustard dressing and a DIVINE grilled pineapple chicken sandwich with peach remoulade sauce.  I was so satisfied!  And it actually ended up being my only real meal for the day!  I was 777 calories under my goal!  (I would've gone to the boat but I'm not a gambler.)

And today, we had an early start.  We stopped at QuickTrip around 7:20 AM and I bought some coffee and a strawberry parfait (240 calories). LOVE IT!  After church, I made tomato bisque with a pinch of shredded mozzarella and a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese.  I ate half the amount I normally would, excluding the half package of saltine crackers I would normally crush and mix in!  I was so proud of myself for making those "sacrifices" (yet they didn't feel like a big deal... I still ate what I wanted)!  We then packed up for an afternoon goose hunt, which burns a bunch of calories, let me tell ya!  I'll describe this fun event in a future post!  We arrived home around 6:00 and ordered Pizza Hut... yikes.  I was worried.  However, I rocked it!!!!  I ate three pieces of thin & crispy pineapple & grilled chicken pizza and one breadstick.  With the amount of calories I'd consumed during the day and the calories I burned setting up and tearing down decoys, I still consumed 113 under my daily goal!  What a great day.  I'm so proud of myself!

Be sure to give yourself credit when you do great things!  YOU DESERVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment