Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cursed Shrimp



Sorry for my absence yesterday, but I think I'm on the mend!  I'm still feeling under the weather, but it's slowly getting better. 

So I have to fill you in on our cursed shrimp.  I'm not even kidding.  It had bad luck on it from the start.  My husband and I went to the store last Monday to buy shrimp, corn, and new potatoes for our LSU vs. Bama BCS National Championship game dinner.  This was our first mistake. 

Every game this season, with the exception of the LSU vs. Auburn game we attended, we cooked a cajun meal (crawfish etouffee, crawfish bisque, crawfish pies, jambalaya, and more).  They all contained one key ingredient... crawfish. We found this to be good luck since the Tigers won every game of their season.  WHAT WERE WE THINKING TO MAKE A SWITCH ON THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON???

Anyway, after fighting our way through several challenges, our shrimp boil was ready.  It was quite tasty!  It was also bad luck.  The Tigers didn't even show up.  It was the worst, most disheartening game of the season.  (Had to be the shrimp, right?) 



So, we had leftover shrimp and decided to make one of our favorite southern dishes... shrimp and grits!  We thought it would be a great idea to make it for the Saints game (the Saints were two games away from returning to the Super Bowl).  The meal was beyond amazing (and I did SO WELL with the amount I ate, taking my time to enjoy every bite - I didn't overeat)!   The Saints showed up, played hard, and came so close to moving on, but the 49ers took it back right at the end.  It was a good game and the shrimp and grits were delicious!  However, once again, the shrimp was bad luck.  Lesson learned!

Even with the cursed shrimp and three days of being sick, I've done so great with my eating!  The exercise (668 calories burned) is way under the amount I'd planned, but sometimes you just get sick.  The key is to not feel defeated and give up altogether!  I'm gonna press on and keep rockin' it! 

OH!!!  And the best part is I'm down two more pounds from my last weigh-in!  I'm now 213, baby!!!  YEAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment