Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Here We GEAUX!!!


So I can't put it off any longer.  I can't continue to find a million other things to focus on to avoid starting this exciting journey of adapting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  It's just time to get crackin'! 


I titled this post "Here We *GEAUX!!!" because this journey isn't all mine... you are a part of it, too!  By reading and following my blog, you're holding me accountable and helping me to achieve success!  But there's so much more to this blog than reaching MY personal goals.  My dream is that 'Overweight... AND OVER IT' inspires you to make life changes that bring your own dreams into reality, too!  Imagine how it will feel to no longer shop for plus sized clothing... to no longer get winded from walking up one flight of stairs... to hear people say "Wow! Have you lost weight?  You look great!".. and to look back and see how far you've come, feeling a true sense of accomplishment!  These things CAN happen!  They've happened for others and they can happen for you!


In this blog I plan to be open and honest with you about the challenges I'm facing, the struggles I go through, the great things I've accomplished, and what I'm doing to get there.  It's pretty difficult to share with friends, family, and strangers how much I weigh and to post pictures of myself looking less than ideal (in my mind).  However, I have to do it... for my health, for my future, for my family, for you, for God - and start living the kind of life He designed!


My next post will detail my goals, my beginning weight, and some ideas on how I plan to achieve great things!




* "Geaux" is cajun french for the word "go"... we're big LSU fans in this family and the Tigers have really inspired me this year with a 13-0 season and a spot in the 2012 BCS National Championship!  GEAUX TIGERS!!!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to take this journey with you! Thank you for the quotes, the words, and putting yourself out there...E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, E!! I'm so blessed to have your support, encouragement, and love during this journey and in my life! I LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Chrissy, thank you so much for making this SO EASY for me! And, as those before me have said, I am right there with you to support you in any and every way I can!
    You are so incredibly transparent about your goal and have so much support, I'm confident you are going to achieve your dream!!!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can't thank you enough for those kind words, Sheryl!!! You are so AWESOME and your support, accountability, encouragement, and your infectious, non-stop energy mean so much to me! I know we tried getting this kicked off earlier this year, but I guess I'm just at a different place now. Thanks for not giving up on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you rocked the weekend, Chrissy! What a fabulous way to kick off the New Year!!!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!! I really feel like I did, Sheryl!! I'm so motivated and excited to see how far I've come this time next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GREAT post Chrissy!!! I'm all caught up with reading your post and feeling so inspired!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I write a weight loss blog and was looking for others to inspire me. I came across yours on pinterest and decided I would start reading from the beginning. Then I see "Geaux" and Im like holy crap! This girl must be from Louisiana too!!. So excited to start reading :)

    www.kaitweight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO AWESOME, Kaitlyn!!!! I'm so excited to meet you! I'm now following your blog. So my husband is from Shreveport and went to LSU... we're BIG TIME Tiger fans!!! We live in Kansas City, MO but he's forever wanting to move home. I grew up here but have the heart of a southerner - I just adore the south and Louisiana! Let me know if you're on Facebook - I'd love to connect!!!

      GEAUX TIGERS!!! (I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to this weekend's game. I cannot STAND Saban or Bama!!!!!) :)

      www.facebook.com/andoverit

      Delete